Sr Plasma Processing Technician美國R-1509782015 CSL Plasma
Main Responsibilities1. In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), responsible for collecting plasma samples and moving plasma units to freezer to ensure product quality.
2. Ensures plasma units are properly stored according to SOPs, which could include unsuitable plasma units and samples.
3. May ensure accuracy of unit labeling by verifying the pre-printed label matches the dynamic label.
4. Utilizes sterile technique to draw samples and uses heat sealer to assure the sterility and quality of plasma unit samples per SOPs.
5. Ensures samples and units are packed and shipped in accordance with SOPs and center procedures. Prepares shipping and unit disposal documentation.
6. Conducts daily calibration of equipment according to SOP. Resolves calibration issues.
7. Troubleshoots equipment failures. Creates incident documentation, removes and/or replaces equipment from service.
8. Monitors freezer and refrigerator temperatures and immediately informs appropriate personnel if equipment is not functioning properly. Record variances. Responds to and resolves freezer and/or refrigerator alarms.
9. May provide guidance and technical training about processes and procedures to Processing Technicians and other staff as required.
10. Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
11. Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper immune programs at the center if applicable.
12. Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed. Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Promotes safety in all actions. May conduct routine audits of these internal procedures and documentation.
13. Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information.
14. May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
15. Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
16. Perform job-related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum of three (3) months’ work experience, preferably in medical or health provider environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must be able to perform basic math calculations
(physical & mental requirements)
• Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions
• Understands, remembers and communicates routine, factual information
• Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation.
• Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
• Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
• Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
• Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens.
• Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
• Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center operational needs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.
CSL offers the following benefits for this part-time position: Paid sick leave; and the option to participate in CSL’s 401(k) Savings Program.
CSL Plasma is one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma. Our work helps to ensure that people with rare and serious diseases are able to live normal, healthy lives. We are committed to our work because lives depend on us. Learn more about CSL Plasma.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Plasma!