Sr. Capital Project ManagerUnited States of AmericaR-1061530606 Seqirus Inc
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 22,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
To manage all phases of capital projects including design, procurement, construction and qualification activities at the Holly Springs site.
• Lead cross functional teams (internal/external) in the coordination, planning and execution of assigned projects from initiation to closeout in accordance with the Seqirus stage gate model (SGM).
• Ensures good communication both within the project team (meetings, reporting) as well as externally with stakeholders, subject matter experts and area owners.
• Responsible for driving project results through the use of collaboration, influence and good stakeholder management.
• Compiles and maintains cost estimates (together with discipline leads), cost trends, project schedules and ensures delivery to budget and milestones.
• Generates project execution plans including procurement strategies of outside resources, services and materials.
• Leads vendor selection and contract negotiations.
• Develops project staffing plans and secures stakeholder buy-in for internal participation during the life of the project.
• Provides management direction in relation to project scope to ensure business need is met.
• Leads Design Reviews, Factory Acceptance Testing and Qualification activities as required (domestic or international).
• Confirms projects are executed according to approved Standard Operating Procedures and in alignment with good engineering practices.
• Manages external relationships as it pertains to project scope including government authorities.
• Provides technical expertise in SME area to include training junior level engineers or technical staff.
- BS Degree in Engineering or related field required
- 5-7+ years managing capital projects , including 4+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical/biotech operations; preferred 10+ years’ overall industry experience
- Understanding of project management principles and project lifecycle phases
- Prior project delivery of >$25M USD required, (>$50M preferred) within a matrixed organization.
- 3+ years of demonstrated leadership skills in matrix project team environment preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cGMPs, FDA requirements and good engineering practices required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a high performing teams.
- Previous operational readiness and start-up experience preferred.