Scientist - Bioanalytical SciencesAustraliaR-1066843065 CSL Limited
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 22,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Designs and implements business processes to enable product research and development portfolio prioritization, resource allocation, and risk management. Designs related integrated process and product team activities and directs technical and operational activities to ensure vertical and horizontal integration. Provides product portfolio analyses and reports to management committees for support of decision-making. Leads teams in strategy efforts, lifecycle management planning, and assessments of probability-of-success. Develops systems to support dynamic portfolio management. Serves a key role in portfolio evaluation process. Drives initiatives across functions, research and development units to create fully integrated strategies. Monitors and reports on portfolio status and proactively addresses and resolves issues.
CSL is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join the Bioanalytical Sciences team at Parkville. You will play a key role in developing new assays and qualifying current assays. You will be involved in preparing development reports and assay protocols for new test methods.
You will report to a Senior Scientist and undertake the following roles and responsibilities:
- Develop and qualify analytical methods to investigate biomolecular interactions (ELISA, SPR, enzyme-kinetics, etc.) and structural characteristics (CE, CGE, cIEF, etc) for relevant molecules.
- Perform routine assays to support process development activities and characterisation studies.
- Technical transfer of methods in and out of the department
- Collate, record and present experimental data to colleagues at departmental/project meetings
- Performing routine maintenance and calibration on critical instrumentation and ensure compliance with quality control procedures (includes liaising with instrument engineers).
- Work closely with other CSL departments
Essential Qualifications and experience:
- Honours (or equivalent) degree in relevant field (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical). Higher postgraduate degrees, e.g. Masters or PhD, will be well regarded
- Experience in assay development of ELISA, SPR, kinetic assays and/or functional assays
- Knowledge of protein biochemistry with an emphasis on protein-protein or protein-ligand interactions
- Highly motivated and have strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a team as well as semi-autonomously; establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives according to the team’s goals
- Experience in or familiarity with Quality by Design principles, including Design of Experiments (DoE) will be well regarded
- Experience in or familiarity with Data Science principles and software will be regarded
- Experience in assay development of capillary electrophoresis assay will be regarded
- Good scientific report writing and presentation skills
- Good communication and organisational skills
Applications must address the selection criteria above and include a current CV and covering letter. Application close on the 8th of January 2020